Friday, June 18, 2010

Burnt Eggs

Who knew you could burn boiled eggs.....

Yesterday, I asked Samantha to boil some eggs. She went in the kitchen and I went about my business. A while later the dog jumps up and runs in the kitchen and barks. He came out a minute later. I thought he had heard something outside so I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later I start to smell eggs burning. Then I hear another popping noise. Samantha had gotten distracted and was in her room and completely forgotten she was cooking. I called her into the kitchen and we put cool water over the eggs and then bagged them up so we could throw them away. Then I had Samantha clean the burnt egg out of the pot and I sprayed air freshner and we ran the exhaust fan in the kitchen. I cleaned the stove top after it cooled down. Luckily we caught it soon enough so the burnt egg smell wasn't too bad. We wasted a few eggs but Samantha learned a valuable cooking lesson. She then announced that she didn't want to cook anything else for the rest of the day.

No comments: