Tuesday, October 6, 2009

5/100 days running

Yesterday I went to masters swim at the YMCA. We had a good workout and I was actually able to make it all the way through the workout before I ran out of time. We ended up swimming 4000 yards in the 1.5 hours of the class. So I was all done and went to hop out of the pool and got the worst leg cramp I have ever had. It was in my left calf muscle. I managed to work it out and stand and walk around a bit. But it surly hurts. In fact it is still hurting now. I went to the locker room and changed into my running stuff even put on my new shoes. Then I walked slowly out to treadmills. I did some stretching, then I did some more and finally decided I needed to go do my run. I set the tread mill for 2 miles and proceeded to run. It didn't hurt while I was running so that was good. I just kept to a nice easy pace and ran for the whole 2 miles. I am liking running each day. Saturday we are running 10.5 miles so running on Sunday might be a challenge.

No comments: