Monday, October 26, 2009

Log book is full

Last year I started running with the Galloway group. One of the thing I got when I signed up was a log book to keep track of my running. Yesterday I filled in my last page. This is an exciting prospect as I have been working out seriously for the past year and by keeping a log I am able to go back and look at the results. The biggest thing is my 5k times October '08 my first 5k was the Rita run at the town center. It took me 39:05 to finish the course. Yesterday I did the Pumpkin run and my chip time was 28:35. In the last year I have gotten 10 minutes faster. Someone told me the next 10 minutes will be much harder. I had already decided that I would work on trying to break 25 minutes for my next goal. Speaking of goals I have already met all my goals for the year. I wanted to run 500 miles and bike 1,500 miles. I still have 2 months to see how far I can make it.

Today I get to start an new log book. Nothing but blank pages to keep me busy for the next year. It will be interesting to look back at this next book and continue the journey. Tami and I were talking the other day about posting a calendar of races and events that we would like to plan for the next year. So that will be fun planning that. It will also be helpful in planning our training. It is looking like it will be a good year.

No comments: