Tuesday, September 30, 2008

new Shoes



These are my new running shoes. They are New Balance 1224's I actually bought these at a shoe store for runners. I bought them at First Place sports (Baymeadows Store). They were quite busy on the Saturday afternoon when I went in. But they got to me pretty quickly. Then they fitted me for my shoes. The guy (Thanks J J) that helped had me walk around so he could look at how my feet hit the ground. Then he measured my feet. Then he went and got 3 different pairs of shoes. I tried them all on and was able to go walk on a treadmill for a few minutes. I also walked around the store. This was the best shoe buying experience I have every had buying a pair of shoes. Yesterday I took them out for the first run. The kids and I are doing the run/walk thing trying to build up our endurance. These shoes were very comfortable right out of the box. I also bought some fancy new socks. I ran 2 miles and other then being a little winded, My feet felt great. I am looking forward to putting many miles on these shoes. Did I mention I am training for the Half Marathon in February?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you take up running. This is also connected with your love of outdoors, plus very healthy. You are also setting a good way of life for your kids to follow. With Tami also into this it makes it fun to have another thing you two have in common.