Sunday, November 2, 2008

Training Run & Lost keys

Saturday morning I was up at 5:30 am to go for my group training run. We were scheduled to do 3 miles. The second mile was a timed run to sort people into pace groups. I woke up to the sound of rain and the temp was in the mid 50's. I came real close to calling it a day. However I was good and drove to the beach in the rain. The closer I got to the beach the better the weather was. I got there and we did our 3 miles at a slightly slower pace then usual. The group was very large but that will change. I did my second mile in 11:41. I am happy with my time I would like to improve that but only a few weeks ago I wasn't running at all so any time is great. 

After I finished my run I was walking back to the car and realized I had lost the key. I thought I was going to have to walk the whole course again to find it. I stepped back on the course and heard a woman asking a group if they had lost a key. I was very happy to see it was mine. I thanked her and asked where she found it. She said down by the fire station which was the turnaround point. I would have had a long walk finding it. As it was I only had to walk about 100 feet. 

There is another group training for the full marathon. They ran with us and then they did another loop of 4 miles. I think they did 16 miles last week and this was a recovery week for them. I am still impressed with the milage they are doing. We will eventually build up to 14 miles a few weeks before doing the Half Marathon in February. Lots more training to come and I need to figure out a better way to carry my key.

No comments: