Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Race 5k

This morning was the day of my first race. I ran a 5k(3.1 miles) Me and about 1,000 of my closest friends. There were a lot of fast people running. My goal was to finish and get a time. I am training for a Half marathon in February. So based on my finish time I will be placed in a pace group for the rest of the training. Tami and the kids came out to cheer me on. Then nice thing about this  race was it looped around the shopping center. I was able to see them a couple times during the run. 




This is me at about the half way point and also finishing. My official time was 39:04 but my elapsed time was about 30 seconds less. Because so many people were ahead of me at the start it took a little while to actually make it up to the start line. There were actually people behind me when I finished so that was a good thing as well. 

No comments: