Saturday, October 25, 2008

Morning training Run

This morning kicked off the Half-Marathon training.  I got to the "y" early and they had a check in and then you got your book and training log and a shirt. After some brief speeches we went for our run. We ran along the St Johns River on the river walk. It was a little breezy and misting slightly. The city was shrouded in low clouds so you couldn't see the tops of the buildings. There were a few boats on the river. It seemed the city was just waking up.  We only ran 2 miles this morning. A month ago 2 miles would have seemed like a very long way to run. This morning I was actually able to run and talk most of the time. For this program (Galloway Program)we Run for a minute and then walk for a minute. This give the body a chance to recover during the run. The program has a 90% injury free rate. I am all for that. I am still getting into the swing of things. Next week they will divide us up into our pace groups. I am looking forward to doing this program and I have already signed up for my Half Marathon to support the Donna Hicken Foundation

No comments: