Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Run

Today I went to pick up my race package for the Pumpkin Run on Sunday. This race is run in a Cemetery and they have pumpkins lining the course. I will be running in the 5k (3.1 miles) part of the race. They also have a 10 mile distance. I will have another post after finishing the race. Anyway in the package was a t-shirt more race flyer's a sample of coffee, an energy bar and an energy drink mix. As I was leaving 1st Place sports with my packet I thought, "I am a runner now." I have completed my first race and signed up for my second. I know about how long it will take me to complete the course. I have been doing training runs. And I am training for a half marathon in February. In fact I have a short 2 mile training run tomorrow morning. Of course the distance builds each week until we hit 14 miles in January. The most I have ever run so far has been 6 miles. I can't wait till we run double digits. 


No comments: